This faculty member is associated with the Penn State Intercollege Graduate Degree Program (IGDP) in Materials Science and Engineering (MatSE) where a multitude of perspectives and cross-disciplinary collaboration within research is highly valued. Graduate students in the IGDP in MatSE may work with faculty members from across Penn State.
- Jeong Nyeon Kim, Richard L Tutwiler and Judith Todd, 2018, "Preliminary Design of a High-Frequency Phased-Array Acoustic Microscope Probe for Nondestructive Evaluation of Pressure Vessel and Piping Materials", Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 140, (4)
- A. M. Kamat, A. E. Segall, S. M. Copley and J. A. Todd, 2017, "Enhancement of CP-titanum wear resistance using a two-step CO2 laser-sustained plasma nitriding process", Surface and Coatings Technology, 325, pp. 229-238
- A. M. Kamat, S. M. Copley and J. A. Todd, 2017, "A two-step laser-sustained plasma nitriding process for deep-case hardening of commercially pure titanium", Surface and Coatings Technology, 313C, pp. 82-95
- J. A. Todd and S. M. Copley, 2017, "The 2015 Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science Presented to Jean-Pierre Kruth, Ph.D", Journal of the Franklin Institute, 354, (1), pp. 74-75
- A. N. Black, S. M. Copley and J. A. Todd, 2017, "A new method for isolating plasma interactions from those of the laser beam during plasma nitriding", Materials Characterization, 134, pp. 143-151
- Amar M. Kamat, Stephen M Copley and J. A. todd, 2016, "Effect of processing parameters on microstructure during laser-sustained plasma (LSP) nitriding of commercially-pure titanium", Acta Materialia, 107, pp. 72-82
- D-R Kwak, S. Yoshida, T. Sasaki , J. A. Todd and I-K Park, 2016, "Evaluation of Near-surface Stress Distributions in Dissimilar Welded Joint by Scanning Acoustic Microscopy", Ultrasonics, 67, pp. 9-17