The External Advisory Board (EAB) of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering is a select group of representatives from industry, government agencies, academia and the profession who advise the department on academic issues, current trends and future directions in engineering.
EAB members are expected to:
- Act as a board that will work together with the department to plan and execute programming that will enhance departmental prominence within the University, professional and academic communities
- Provide activities and events that will support student, faculty and alumni career development
- Pursue developmental opportunities to strengthen the financial positions of the department, college and University
- Provide advice and support for the growth and enrichment of curriculum and education for both students and alumni
- Review department educational objectives and outcomes and suggest revisions as needed
- Further the participation of alumni and friends with the University and enhance their professional and academic growth