This faculty member is associated with the Penn State Intercollege Graduate Degree Program (IGDP) in Materials Science and Engineering (MatSE) where a multitude of perspectives and cross-disciplinary collaboration within research is highly valued. Graduate students in the IGDP in MatSE may work with faculty members from across Penn State.
- “Electron-Phonon Coupling and Resonant Relaxation from 1D and 1P States in PbS Quantum Dots,” Eric R. Kennehan, Grayson S. Doucette, Ashley R. Marshall, Christopher Grieco, Kyle T. Munson. Matthew C. Beard, and John B. Asbury, ACS Nano, 12, 6263-6272 (2018).
- “Direct Observation of Correlated Triplet Pair Dynamics during Singlet Fission Using Ultrafast Mid-IR Spectroscopy,” Christopher Grieco, Eric R. Kennehan, Hwon Kim, Ryan D. Pensack, Alyssa N. Brigeman, Adam Rimshaw, Marcia M. Payne, John E. Anthony, Noel C. Giebink, Gregory D. Scholes, and John B. Asbury, J. Phys. Chem. C, 122, 2012-2022 (2018).
- “Triplet Transfer Mediates Triplet Pair Separation During Singlet Fission in TIPS-Pentacene,” Christopher Grieco, Grayson S. Doucette, Jason M. Munro, Eric R. Kennehan, Youngmin Lee, Adam Rimshaw, Marcia M. Payne, Nichole Wonderling, John E. Anthony, Ismaila Dabo, Enrique D. Gomez and John B. Asbury, Adv. Funct. Mater., 27, 1703929 (2017).
- “Harnessing Molecular Vibrations to Probe Triplet Dynamics During Singlet Fission,” Christopher Grieco, Eric R. Kennehan, Adam Rimshaw, Marcia M. Payne, John E. Anthony, John B. Asbury, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 8, 5700-5706 (2017).
- “Using Molecular Vibrations to Probe Exciton Delocalization in Films of Perylene Diimides with Ultrafast Mid-IR Spectroscopy,” Eric R. Kennehan, Christopher Grieco, Alyssa N. Brigeman, Grayson S. Doucette, Adam Rimshaw, Kayla Bisgaier, Noel C. Giebink, and John B. Asbury, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 19, 24829-24839 (2017).
- “Time-Resolved Infrared Spectroscopy Directly Probes Free and Trapped Carriers in Organo-Halide Perovskites,” Kyle T. Munson, Christopher Grieco, Eric R. Kennehan, Robert J. Stewart, and John B. Asbury, ACS Energy Lett., 2, 651-658 (2017).
- “Dynamic Exchange During Triplet Transport in Nanocrystalline TIPS-Pentacene Films,” Christopher Grieco, Grayson S. Doucette, Ryan D. Pensack, Marcia M. Payne, Adam Rimshaw, Gregory D. Scholes, John E. Anthony and John B. Asbury, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 138, 16069-16080 (2016).
- “Molecular Rectification in Block Copolymer Photovoltaics,” Christopher Grieco, Melissa P. Aplan, Adam Rimshaw, Youngmin Lee, Thinh P. Le, Wenlin Zhang, Qing Wang, Scott T. Milner, Enrique D. Gomez and John B. Asbury, J. Phys. Chem. C., 120, 6978-6988 (2016).
- “Influence of Acceptor Structure on Barriers to Charge Separation in Organic Photovoltaic Materials,” Ryan D. Pensack, Changhe Guo, Kiarash Vakhshouri, Enrique D. Gomez, and John B. Asbury, J. Phys. Chem. C., 116, 4824-4831 (2012). DOI:10.1021/jp2083133.
- “Enhanced Mobility-Lifetime Products in PbS Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics,” Kwang S. Jeong, Jiang Tang,Huan Liu,, Jihye Kim, Andrew W. Schaefer, Kyle Kemp, Larissa Levina, Xihua Wang, Sjoerd Hoogland, Ratan Debnath, Lukasz Brzozowski, Edward H. Sargent, and John B. Asbury, ACS Nano, 6, 89-99 (2012). DOI:10.1021/nn2039164.
- “Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics Using Atomic Ligand Passivation,” Jiang Tang, Kyle M. Kemp, Sjoerd Hoogland, Kwang S. Jeong, Huan Liu, Larissa Levina, Melissa Furukawa, Xihua Wang, Ratan Debnath, Dongkyu Cha, Kang Wei Chou, Armin Fischer, Aram Amassian, John B. Asbury, Edward H. Sargent, Nature Materials, 10, 765-771 (2011). DOI:10.1038/NMAT3118.
- “Ultrafast Probes of Charge Transfer States in Organic Photovoltaic Materials,” Ryan D. Pensack and John B. Asbury, Chem. Phys. Lett. 515, 197-205 (2011). DOI:10.1016/j.cplett.2011.07.002.
- DOE CAREER Award (2012)
- NSF CAREER Award (2009)
- 3M Non-Tenured Faculty Grant (2008, 2009)
- Eli Lilly Analytical Chemistry New Faculty Award (2007)
- Camille and Henry Dreyfus New Faculty Award (2005)