Dr. Amin Nozariasbmarz is an Assistant Research Professor at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the Pennsylvania State University. He received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Materials Science and Engineering from Sharif University of technology and University of Tehran, respectively. He completed his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (Nanoelectronics) with a minor in Materials Science and Engineering at North Carolina State University in 2017. He pursued as a postdoctoral scholar at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the Pennsylvania State University. He has published 38 peer-reviewed journal articles, two book chapters, and one US patent.
He has over twelve years of experience in the fabrication, processing, and characterization of nano-, electronic, thermoelectric, and energy materials and semiconductors. He has contributed to the development of several key technologies such as microwave processing, self-powered wearable devices, and thermoelectric materials including bismuth telluride, germanium telluride, skutterudite, half-Heusler, and silicon germanium structures.
- A. Nozariasbmarz, J. H. Dycus, M. J. Cabral, C. M. Flack, J. S. Krasinski, J. M. LeBeau, D. Vashaee, Efficient Self-Powered Wearable Electronic Systems Enabled by Microwave Processed Thermoelectric Materials, Applied Energy, 283, 116211 (2021).
- A. Nozariasbmarz, B. Poudel, W. Li, H. B. Kang, H. Zhu, S. Priya, Bismuth Telluride Thermoelectrics with 8% Module Efficiency for Waste Heat Recovery Application, iScience 23 (7), 101340 (2020).
- W. Li, B. Poudel, A. Nozariasbmarz, R. Sriramdas, H. Zhu, H. B. Kang, S. Priya, Bismuth Telluride/Half-Heusler Segmented Thermoelectric Unicouple Modules Provide 12% Conversion Efficiency, Advanced Energy Materials, 2001924 (2020).
- A. Nozariasbmarz, F. Suarez, J. Dycus, M. Cabral, J. Lebeau, Mehmet C. Öztürk, and D. Vashaee, Thermoelectric Generators for Wearable Body Heat Harvesting: Material and Device Concurrent Optimization, Nano Energy, 67, 104265 (2020).
- R. A. Kishore,* A. Nozariasbmarz,* B. Poudel, M. Sanghadasa and S. Priya, Ultra High-performance Thermoelectric Generators for Field Deployments, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 12, 9, 10389-10401 (2020). (*: Equal contributor)
- A. Nozariasbmarz, H. Collins, K. Dsouza, M. H. Polash, M. Hosseini, M. Hyland, J Liu, A. Malhotra, F. Mohaddes, F. M. Ortiz, V. P. Ramesh, Y. Sargolzaeiaval, N. Snouwaert, M. C. Özturk, D. Vashaee, Review of Wearable Thermoelectric Energy Harvesting: From Body Temperature to Electronic Systems, Applied Energy, 258, 114069 (2020).
- A. Nozariasbmarz, R. A. Kishore, B. Poudel, U. Saparamadu, W. Li, R. Cruz, and S. Priya, High Power Density Body Heat Energy Harvesting, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 11, 43, 40107-40113 (2019).
- A. Nozariasbmarz, M. Hosseini, and D. Vashaee, Interfacial Ponderomotive Force in Solids Leads to Field Induced Dissolution of Materials and Formation of Non-equilibrium Nanocomposites, Acta Materialia, 179, 85-92 (2019).
- R. A. Kishore, A. Nozariasbmarz, B. Poudel, M. Sanghadasa and S. Priya, Ultra-high Performance Wearable Thermoelectric Coolers with Less Materials, Nature Communications 10 (1), 1765 (2019).
- A. Nozariasbmarz, K. Dsouza, D. Vashaee, Field Induced Decrystallization of Silicon: Evidence of a Microwave Non-Thermal Effect, Applied Physics Letters, 112, 093103 (2018).
- A. Nozariasbmarz, A. Agarwal, Z. A. Coutant, M. J. Hall, J. Liu, R. Liu, A. Malhotra, P. Norouzzadeh, V. P. Ramesh, Y. Sargolzaeiaval, F. Suarez, M. C. Öztürk, D. Vashaee, Thermoelectric Silicides: A Review, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 56, 05DA04 (2017).
- A. Nozariasbmarz, P. Roy, Z. Zamanipour, J. H. Dycus, M. Cabral, J. Lebeau, J. S. Krasinski and D. Vashaee, "Comparison of Thermoelectric Properties of Nanostructured Mg2Si, FeSi2, SiGe, and Nanocomposites of SiGe-Mg2Si, SiGe-FeSi2", APL Materials, 4 (10), 104814 (2016).
- F. Suarez, A. Nozariasbmarz, D. Vashaee and M. C. Öztürk, Designing Thermoelectric Generators for Self-Powered Wearable Electronics, Energy & Environmental Science, 9, 2099-2113 (2016).
Pennsylvania State University, Postdoc presentation award (2018)