Students engaged in independent or industry projects, or other academic interests, are encouraged to submit a poster to the annual Graduate Poster Competition demonstrating their hard work and scholarship. Winners receive cash prizes and special recognition at the annual MatSE Awards Banquet.
The competition is open to MatSE Graduate students.
First, second, or third place winners will be selected and each rank will receive awards of $250, $100, or $50, respectively. Winners will be announced at the Awards Banquet on April 24, 2019.
Poster Submission Deadline
All posters must be submitted online by April 5, 2019, at 11:59 pm. Late submissions will not be accepted. Students are encouraged to submit their entries as early as possible. You will receive an email confirming your submission.
- Please include the new department wordmark or use the templates provided.
- Poster sizes must be 36" x 48" in either landscape or portrait orientation
- Posters must be submitted in PDF format only. (Check your PDF poster size before submitting by clicking CTRL+D) If the poster is not the correct size, it will be disqualified.
- Should you need any help with logo please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No posters will be accepted after the deadlines. See poster printing guidelines for assistance.
Judging and Criteria
A panel of intercollege MatSE faculty will judge the posters on technical content, presentation logic, and overall appearance.