Glidewell, located in Irvine, CA, is seeking candidates for our summer internship program. As one of the world's leading dental labs we specialize in manufacturing a variety of dental products such as crowns, bridges, implants, sleep products and more. Back in 2009 we launched the first ever crown to be milled from a monolithic block of zirconia and to this day it's proven to be the most durable crown on the market.
Come meet us as we will be traveling to Penn State for Engineering Career week at the Nittany Lion Inn. Here is our itinerary:
Networking Reception, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Engineering Career Fair, Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Interview day, Thursday, January 30, 2020, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Please apply if you are interested in receiving an interview. If you cannot make it on the 30th we may have may have availability to meet on Wednesday January 29, 2020. We welcome students on OPT.
- Prepares and tests samples, standards, and batches.
- Troubleshoots and maintains equipment
- Analyzes data for acceptable criteria against specification ranges and report results to laboratory management.
- Conducts laboratory investigations and recommends improvements.
- Supports team members in investigation and creation of new products.
- Analyzes existing formulations against new test criteria and project objectives.
- Documents findings and accurately reports project progress.
- Recommends and presents new ideas and possible improvements on existing projects and products to managers.
- Performs other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
Education & Experience:
Must be currently enrolled in a PhD/ Masters/ BS program in the Materials Science or Ceramic Engineering field
Research experience with ceramics.