Students engaged in independent or industry projects, or other academic interests, are encouraged to submit a poster to the annual Undergraduate Poster Competition demonstrating their hard work and scholarship. Winners receive cash prizes and special recognition at the annual MatSE Awards Banquet.
The competition is open to undergraduate MATSE_BS / EMSC_PMAJ (intending MatSE) majors.
** All undergraduate seniors who have chosen a senior thesis and Undergraduate Research Fellows (URF) are required to submit posters.
First, second, or third place winners will be selected and each rank will receive awards of $250, $100, or $50, respectively. Winners will be announced at the Annual Spring Awards Banquet.
Poster Submission Deadline
All posters must be submitted online by March 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm. Late submissions will not be accepted. Students are encouraged to submit their entries as early as possible. You will receive an email confirming that you have submitted your poster. Submit entry here.
- Please include the new department wordmark or use the templates provided.
- Poster sizes must be 36" x 48" in either landscape or portrait orientation
- Posters must be submitted in PDF format only. (Check your PDF poster size before submitting by clicking CTRL+D) If the poster is not the correct size, it will be disqualified.
- Should you need any help with logo please email MatSEMarCom@psu.edu.
- No posters will be accepted after the deadlines. See poster printing guidelines for assistance.
Judging and Criteria
A panel of intercollege MatSE graduate students will judge the posters on technical content, presentation logic, and overall appearance.