The Penn State Purchasing Card (PCard) is a Visa charge card that enables authorized Penn State employees to purchase certain goods and services and travel expenses directly from a supplier. It eliminates the need for additional paperwork (such as purchase orders and invoices) and it can be used for transactions up to a predetermined limit, which varies by employee. Shop OnLion should be used in lieu of the PCard whenever possible.
MatSE Purchasing Card Policy and Deadline:
All completed paperwork for each individual transaction is due to the MatSE financial staff within 21 days of purchase. The purchasing card support form must include the Internal Order (IO) and the 5Ws (what the purchase is, what it will be used for, why it is needed, who will be using it, when and where it will be used)
Purchasing Card Procedure:
- Cardholder makes purchase
- Cardholder completes purchasing card support form (Please make sure the IO and the 5Ws are on each form.)
- Cardholder uploads the form and receipt into SAP Concur and lets Corynn Taylor know the paperwork has been uploaded (email@example.com)
- Finance staff processes the purchase report and once completed SAP Concur sends email to cardholder that report is ready for them to review and submit.
- Cardholder submits the report and the report goes to adviser and financial staff to approve.
- Cardholders check on their report to make sure it is going through approval process in a timely manner. If the report is with their adviser, they should reach out to remind them to approve.
Consequences: If the correct and completed paperwork is not submitted to finance staff within 21 days, the cardholder will receive a warning. After three warnings the purchasing card will be suspended for 30 days.