The Graduate School in collaboration with Career Services is excited to present the Job Search Strategies Workshop Series via Zoom on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from February 8 through February 24, 2022, as part of the new Accelerate to IndustryTM career and professional development program designed specifically for graduate students and postdocs.
Graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in any discipline and on any campus are invited to attend the workshops to learn more about career opportunities and how to position yourself to successfully launch your career. The series will include sessions on how to align your career path with your passions and interests, building an effective resume and cover letter, strategies for networking and successful interviews, how to make the most out of an internship, negotiating a job offer, and leadership in the corporate context.
All sessions will be held via Zoom and are led by professionals from industry, government, and Penn State Career Services. Participants are encouraged to attend all sessions but are also welcome to sign up for sessions that meet their interests and schedules.
Job Search Strategies Workshop Schedule
- Tues., Feb. 8: Resumes and Cover Letters
- Thurs., Feb. 10: Career Exploration
- Tues., Feb. 15: Organizational Culture, Networking, and Interviewing
- Thurs. Feb. 17: Successful Internships
- Tues., Feb. 22: Job Offers and Negotiations
- Thurs., Feb. 24: Understanding Human Resources, Leadership, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion