The Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MatSE) will be hosting two virtual convocations BEFORE the start of the semester. One will be Tuesday, August 18 from 7 to 8 p.m. for the sophomores, juniors and seniors. The second one will be Wednesday, August 19 from 7 to 8 p.m. for freshmen. Student virtual attendance is required at the appropriate event.
The Zoom meeting invitations were sent via @psu.edu emails. Check your email for invite!
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
7:00 – 8:00p.m.
- 7:00 – 7:10 Introduction to MATSE at Penn State
- Dr. Susan Sinnott, Professor and Department Head, Materials Science and Engineering
- MATSE at Penn State – why we are the best!
- MATSE at Penn State – how you can be great with us!
- 7:10 – 7:20 Safety in the age of COVID
- Dr. Jon-Paul Maria, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
- 7:20 – 7:30 Advising and expectations in MATSE
- Ms. Meg Abplanalp, Academic Advisor for MATSE
- 7:30 – 7:40 Accreditation, being outcomes driven
- Dr. Allen Kimel, Associate Head for Undergraduate Studies
- 7:40 – 7:50 Engaging outside the classroom
- Dr. Karen Marosi, Director of Student Engagement, College of EMS
- 7:50 – 8:00 Utilizing Technology for a Socially Distanced Campus
- Ms. Stevie Rocco, Director of Learning Design, Dutton e-Education Institute, College of EMS