Two of the most pressing challenges facing society today are the sustainable, economical, and efficient uses of energy and water resources. The Arges Research Lab investigates and invents new electrochemical materials for i.) energy conversion and storage, ii.) chemical manufacturing and separations, and iii.) water remediation. The research carried out in the Arges Laboratory relies upon a multi-disciplinary approach spanning polymer physics, lithography, electrochemical engineering, transport phenomena, and advanced metrology (e.g., GI-SAXS). See publications & patents page to see examples of research products.
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER) Jan 2022
- Electrochemical Society (ECS) Toyota Young Investigator Fellow Sept 2021
- LSU Rainmaker Award - Emerging Scholar in STEM Category Feb 2021
- Emerging Young Investigator Award, Journal of Materials Chemistry A Aug 2020
- LSU Alumni Association Rising Faculty Research Award Apr 2019
- Tiger Athletic Foundation Undergraduate Teaching Award Apr 2019
- 3M Non-Tenured Faculty Award Feb 2018