31501 SOLON ROAD
SOLON, OHIO 44139-3525
SALES ENGINEER / PRODUCT MANAGER
As a sales engineer or product manager, you will nurture current relationships with customers and develop new ones. You will receive many requests for zirconia and will discover many apparent opportunities. Your task is to qualify those opportunities. Which ones really need zirconia? Which ones need the zirconia that we offer? Which ones need a product or service that we can provide in a way that other suppliers do not or cannot? Markets and industrial technologies change. What new opportunities require development of a product or service that Zircoa is uniquely capable of developing? Is the opportunity the best use of our resources? Is it sustainable—is it of long-term value to the customer, to industry, and to Zircoa? You will build the case and inspire Zircoa to apply its resources to achieve positive benefit to industry and the world.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Direct sales and managing customer relationships
- Supporting distributors and sales agents
- Qualifying customer inquiries and quoting products, services, and projects
- Communicating voice of the customer to all stakeholders
- Promoting products and services through website content management, promotional literature, and trade shows
- Sales forecasting to support resource planning and improvement initiatives
- Monitoring market and technology trends that affect current sales and growth opportunities
- Identifying and qualifying new growth opportunities
- Supporting applications engineering by defining customer’s critical needs
- Strategy and business planning to ensure sustainable value and growth
- Managing projects to ensure execution of plans to bring new products to market
- Leadership and Influence
- Communication—non-verbal, verbal, written, presentation
- Collaboration and Creativity
- Self initiation, goal planning and execution
- Organizational skills with ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Problem Solving/Analysis/Critical Thinking/Decision-making
- Project Definition and Management
This job operates in a professional office environment, in manufacturing operation, lab areas, and a variety of office and industrial environments when visiting customers. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salary exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand, especially as related to travel for customer visits.
Customer visits require routine travel out-of-the-area and overnight. Most domestic travel is one to four days. Occasional international travel is typically one to two weeks.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Material Science, Ceramic or Chemical Engineering
- Two or more years in a product development, process engineering, or application engineering function
Preferred Education and Experience
- In addition to the above, experience or training in industrial sales is a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Zircoa, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.