Associate Scientist – Polyurethane Rigid Insulating Foam Applications Development
We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
WHAT WE OFFER
As an Associate Scientist, you will lead and support the development of Polyurethane Rigid Insulating Foam applications to support our business strategy.
• Set up and support development and implementation of products and strategies (portfolio optimization)
• Product development and optimization involving hands-on laboratory and machine work both internally and in collaboration with external customers
• Further develop product expertise for a variety of rigid insulating foam applications
• Lead and manage development projects and programs on regional/global levels also in collaboration with other business units, (Innovation, Product Management, Production and Marketing, Sales, Process Development Groups) and external stakeholders (customers, raw, material suppliers, machine manufacturers)
• Contribute to organizing and developing laboratory staff/personnel
• Align IP strategies (patents, FTO analyses) with development and product strategies
• Improve profitability by efficient resource planning/utilization and optimizing processes, projects and products
• Support team goals to create customer-recognized value, which is visible to management of the customer and within Covestro PUR management
• Support technical teams’ efforts to create and implement novel technology models with customers and/or technology partners
• Provide high value services to the team
• Attain sustainable competitive advantages
• Successful introduction of new value-added products and processes
• Timely resolution of customer technical issues
• Identification of new application opportunities for existing products and technology
WHAT YOU OFFER
Master’s degree in a technical discipline (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Material Science) with 3+ years’ experience OR PHD in a technical discipline (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Material Science).
• Mastery of experimental design, data/statistical analysis, and modeling
• Hands-on wet chemistry experience using laboratory equipment
• Experience in the polyurethane industry
• Aspires to become a recognized technical expert within the polyurethane industry
• Demonstrated strong communication skills for interacting with all levels of personnel and within different parts of the organization, including internal and external customers, sales and commercial representatives, manufacturing and product management representatives and within the larger technical community to support both business objectives and management initiatives
• Passionate about research
• Ability to travel globally
• Strong commitment to safety culture
• Knowledge of respective chemistry, processing, structure property, relationship
• Knowledge in safety, quality management, IP management
• Effective communication, leadership and presentation skills
• Organizational and project management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Fluency in English
• Team Oriented
Are you curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you exciting career opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, your resume, certificates as well as your salary expectations and your notice period. Become part of our Team - apply now!
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hiring and advancement are based on job-related requirements and on an individual's qualifications to perform a job. All aspects of employment are carried out free of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression or any unlawful criterion, existing under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Info-Hotline: +1 844-522-6775If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. To make a request, please call (412) 413-4123.
Click to apply